gavatron3000

Bridged perimeters

hi guys, went searching for my exact issue and couldnt find it anywhere.
Anyways, when rendering a bridged perimeter Simplify3d doesnt apply ALL of the bridging settings to the perimeters......specifically the extra inflation distance
as per below

biggest drama about this is the nozzle doesnt have time to ease the pressure inside before reaching the bridge resulting in a drooping perimeter, ontop of that my fan isnt fully upto speed till the nozzle is a few mm's into bridge also adding to the problem.

if the inflation distance was honoured by the perimeters i feel theyd be time for the process to be ready for the bridge and a non droopy perimeter.
**for clarity the infill part of the bridge prints perfectly fine**

regards
Gav
Attachments
S3D Settings.jpg
S3D Render Bridging.jpg
Last edited by gavatron3000 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
dkightley

Re: Brideged perimeters

Your pictures are not displaying. Why not simply attach them to the post instead of trying to specify an external link?
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
gavatron3000

Re: Bridged perimeters

No probs, fixed the pictures. Showing up now
gavatron3000

no one got any info on this?
arhi

gavatron3000 wrote:no one got any info on this?
what info, yes it behaves exactly like you said, yes it would probbly be better if perimeters would also use the inflation distance... it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then it was, not perfect.. maybe they fix it in future, maybe they don't.. not that any of us have any pull to make them do anything :D
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
gavatron3000

So it could possibly be classed as a bug I guess, but maybe a few more parameters in the process settings would allow people to choose how the perimeter behaves. I hope the developers read through this as im really back where we were with v3.1 and sticking supports under the perimeters when bridging. Not ideal

Return to “Feature Requests”