ant0ny

Gcode missing M109 M190

Out of the blue on starting a print the print started without waiting to heat anything. I tried a few things like resetting the printer etc etc. In the and I did the same file with Cura and it worked as normal.

I went to another copy of S3D on a different system and it worked normal. ? Ok just to prove I redid the file on the first copy of S3D and no it definetly won't wait for the system to heat up.

I looked at the Gcode from each S3D and Cura and the one version is now missing M190 S70 and M109 S198 T0

G90
M82
M127
M140 S70 T0
M134 T0
M104 S197 T0
M133 T0
G28 ; Home all axes
G29 ; bed level

The working S3D has:

G90
M82
M140 S70
M190 S70
M104 S198 T0
M109 S198 T0
G21
G28 ; Home all axes
G29 ; bed level

So retracing my steps... this issue started immediately after installing a Flashforge Creator 1 Dual today and printing a benchy to determine it's condition.

So I am assuming a bug.

Has anyone seen this and is there any way to undo this?

Oh and before any suggestions I removed the Flashforge Creator profile and it still is missing M190 and M109 in every other profile (all 11 of them).

OK if I creat a new printer profile after removing Flashforge profile it does have M190 and M109 included again.

I did some more followup.

If you remove the Flashforge profile and go into the other profiles Temperature TAB and turn a few things on and off and resave the profile. M190 and M109 included again.

If you reinstall the Flashforge profile you immediately loose M190 and M109 from the Gcode. If you go back into the other printers profile Tempreature TAB and set things and save it... no you still have missing M190 and M109 from the Gcode.

If you have Flashforge profile installed first, then create a new printer it does have M190 and M109 from the Gcode.
brian442

Re: Gcode missing M109 M190

Ok, well it's going to be hard to help if you don't provide any of your settings. Can you post one of your problematic profiles that is not putting in the right commands? And let us know what printer that profile is used for.
ant0ny

Here is Gcode after I setup FF profile that is now missing the M109 and M190.

I don't think I can be any clearer about what I did and undid and did again to show that by setting up a FlashForge Creator printer profile made all the other profiles Gcode without M190 and M109.

The printer is a standard Marlin firmware Cartesian 3d printer.

What specific information do you think you need?... ask and I can try to give it to you to see if it's unique to me

Maybe if someone can setup a FF Creator profile and see if you get the same results.
Attachments
CTC-Feet.gcode
(2.31 MiB) Downloaded 237 times
ant0ny

Here is the fff profile for that printer for the above Gcode
Attachments
Mega 300.fff
(11.92 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
wirlybird

Probably unrelated but I had a profile start saving the fan M106 line as M126.

Now that you mention things I did recently add a Flashforge Guider 1 profile and I also made a Guider 2 profile. I wonder now. I'll have to go try some things also.
ant0ny

Ok I just had a little look and I think I have found out why.

If you have 2 printer profiles say one that uses MakerBot/Sailfish and the other RepRap(Marlin, Repetier,Sprinter) firmware's.

When I load the FF Creator profile it loads the MakerBot/Sailfish Firmware option and can be viewed in Tools > Firmware Configuration on the FFF TAB... you can see the M133 T# and M134 T0 settings relevant.

When I reload a RepRap(Marlin, Repetier,Sprinter) based Printer profile and check the options in Tools > Firmware Configuration on the FFF TAB they do not revert to the relevant Firmware setting and remain on the MakerBot/Sailfish Firmware settings.

So yes I can reset it and it does fix the issue but I would consider it a bug.

While I am on it... when I change to the FF Creator I get to see the bed image... nice but in my opinion really a waste of someones time to draw it. I have to remove it each time manually. it should be 1. either able to be toggled on/off weather you want it (my preference) and 2. should change with the printer profile.
brian442

ant0ny wrote:So yes I can reset it and it does fix the issue but I would consider it a bug.
It isn't a bug, it just means you have the "update firmware configuration" option disabled on the G-Code tab. It's already enabled for every profile I have downloaded from S3D, so not sure why you would want it disabled. If you haven't used that option before, there's a video about it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYPUAqT4UyI
ant0ny wrote:While I am on it... when I change to the FF Creator I get to see the bed image... nice but in my opinion really a waste of someones time to draw it. I have to remove it each time manually. it should be 1. either able to be toggled on/off weather you want it (my preference) and 2. should change with the printer profile.
There's lots of threads about this topic on the forum already. You can already configure this so it changes with each profile. Do a search and you should find it.
wirlybird

brian442 wrote: It isn't a bug, it just means you have the "update firmware configuration" option disabled on the G-Code tab. It's already enabled for every profile I have downloaded from S3D, so not sure why you would want it disabled. If you haven't used that option before, there's a video about it here:
I wonder if this may have caused my issue with the cooling fan lines either not being inserted or being inserted incorrectly?

I know on my profile for my MK2 the update firmware check, is NOT checked. That is how the profile came.
Maybe when I go to a Flashforge profile where that is checked then back to the MK2 profile, if that is what causes it to start messing up the cooling fan lines?
brian442

wirlybird wrote:I know on my profile for my MK2 the update firmware check, is NOT checked. That is how the profile came.
I have the same machine. The stock profile in S3D from the configuration assistant already has this option enabled, so if it's disabled for you, then you must have changed it. In fact, looking at them now, every profile I have downloaded from S3D has this option enabled.
ant0ny

brian442 wrote:
ant0ny wrote:So yes I can reset it and it does fix the issue but I would consider it a bug.
It isn't a bug, it just means you have the "update firmware configuration" option disabled on the G-Code tab. It's already enabled for every profile I have downloaded from S3D, so not sure why you would want it disabled. If you haven't used that option before, there's a video about it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYPUAqT4UyI
ant0ny wrote:While I am on it... when I change to the FF Creator I get to see the bed image... nice but in my opinion really a waste of someones time to draw it. I have to remove it each time manually. it should be 1. either able to be toggled on/off weather you want it (my preference) and 2. should change with the printer profile.
There's lots of threads about this topic on the forum already. You can already configure this so it changes with each profile. Do a search and you should find it.
Ah it's always the simple things.

Thanks for clearing that up I was going crazy.

The only thing is... for some reason all my profiles have this option turned off and I never realised. All the printers to date must have been indeed Marlin... I guess.

Anyway easy fix I'll go and turn them all on and save.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”