Lateralg

How to verify temperature setting

I have single extruder that I want to set to 215 C. How do I do it? How do I verify it?

How do I set bed to 105 C & verify it?

Where are my configuration files saved? Can I move them? What is file extension?

Is there a Users' manual that goes beyond the Quick Start Guide?

BTW: I had reported that v1.0.6 failed to connect. As promised, v1.0.7 connected quickly on first try.
Attachments
Creator Temperature.jpg
Creator Temperature.jpg (115.21 KiB) Viewed 7147 times
Make Better Things.
Make Things Better.
dvalentim

Re: How to verify temperature setting

(...) I want to set to 215 C. How do I do it? How do I verify it?

How do I set bed to 105 C & verify it?(...)
To set the temperature of the bed: enable "This is a heated platform". To set the temperature of the extruder: disable "This is a heated platform". This is not obvious, I took a few hours to see this. I did not find this information in the Quick Start Guide! I would also have a complete User's manual. And love to see videos Tutorials.
Lateralg

dvalentim wrote:
(...) I want to set to 215 C. How do I do it? How do I verify it?

How do I set bed to 105 C & verify it?(...)
To set the temperature of the bed: enable "This is a heated platform". To set the temperature of the extruder: disable "This is a heated platform". This is not obvious, I took a few hours to see this. I did not find this information in the Quick Start Guide! I would also have a complete User's manual. And love to see videos Tutorials.
If this is correct, we can set either bed or extruder temperature, but not both.

I need a much better understanding about how Creator settings are made & verified. I'm very uneasy about having my Prusa run on "autopilot" using temperature settings determined by someone who has never seen my machine.

I'm returning to Pronterface until I learn how Creator works.
Make Better Things.
Make Things Better.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

Have you guys looked at the example M2 profile that's included with Creator? If you want to add temperature definitions for both an extruder and a heated bed, just use the "Add Temperature" button to add the extra temperature setting. By default it only has a primary extruder defined, but you could easily add a second temperature definition for a heated bed or a secondary extruder. The only special thing about a heated bed is that you need to check the "This is a heated platform" checkbox so that the appropriate M140/M190 commands are used vs M104/M109.

So if you want, just delete all of the temperature definitions in there right now (using "Remove Temperature" button) until the list is empty, and add the new ones like so:
  • Click "Add Temperature" to add a new temperature setting
  • Choose a unique name for this temperature setting
  • Choose the temperature identifier that is correct for your firmware, i.e. T0, T1, T2, etc (although this isn't necessary for Marlin)
  • If you want the printer to wait until the temperature is stabilized before printing, check "Stabilize temperature at startup"
  • If this is a heated build platform, check "This is a heated platform"
  • Finally, use the Add or Remove buttons in the Per-Layer Temperature Setpoints section to add the temperature settings you want. If you want the same temperature for the entire build, just set that temperature at layer 1. If you want a higher temp for the first layer and a lower one for every layer after that, add a setpoint at layer 1 and layer 2 (which will be used for all layers after that).
If you want to edit a specific temperature setting, just highlight it in the list to load those specific settings for editing. If there's any other questions about this process, feel free to ask!
Attachments
temperature.png
temperature.png (69.48 KiB) Viewed 7126 times

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”