adams3463

Re: No cooling fan on

I have this problem with my Rep 2x (cooling fan never turns on), but when I check the g-code it has "M126 S255". It seems like this is whats expected but I didn't think that the cooling fan was capable of PWM. In other slicers, the command generated is simply M126 with no other modifier (which works). This is version 2.1.
adams3463

Nevermind. Just learned how to change firmware configuration options and I removed the PWM modifier, fan works ok now and turns on automatically. I would think this is the solution for everyone else. Tools/Frimware configuration "FFF" tab, change "set fan power" option to just "M126" This is software version 2.1 with sailfish firmware.
teamcarlisle2

Dang, I wish I would have read your post before today, I found another way to fix it after reading http://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.p ... bles#p3171

I just went into process settings --> scipts tab, then changed "M126 S[fan_speed_pwm]" to "M126 S[fan0_speed_pwm]" and that also fixes it. I read through the gcode and verified the fix, and took the time to verify that all the other variables were good to go too. Its nice not having to wait around for the printer to finish the 1st layer before turning on the fan manually again :)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”