superkent

Weird, bent 3d print

Hi everybody!
I'm an happy Simpify 3D user since march. I use it to slice and control my LeapFrog create dual extruder. I usually print with ABS filament. I had to tune a little bit but the results are awesome! And this software slice every stl really fast!

Anyway, i have a really weird problem. When i print some .stl models, the print come up bent! I mean, the up layer is not aligned with the previous layer over one side. I attach a photo for explain better (1:200 House model).
Bent house
Bent house
As you can see, the layers are not aligned.

This is what i did:
1) Put my hands in the hair, lost a 7 hours print.
2) Thought that i had a mechanical problem on my machine. Checked and everything seems ok. It print other models in prefect way.
3) Tried to rotate 45° the model and send again to the printer. BIG SURPRISE! The house still bent, but now on the other side! No logical conclusion. (here a new photo! i'm not mad.)
Bent house - second try
Bent house - second try
4) Thought that can be a simplify 3D problem, or the way it slice the file. So i tried to slice with my old repetier app. Done (more than 30 minutes to slice it!!) and print it.
5) Print is straight and it has no problem printing!

So in conclusion, do you ever had a problem like this? it is really weird that a software (paid) can be wrong like this! And it happened with many models with a long straight side and some curves or angled side.
This is a bug. And if you want i have other examples of bent objects (that i have to slice with repetier to print in a nice way!)
I can upload and share the .gcode if it can be helpful. (or if someone want to try print it).

Have a nice evening!
Fabio
Garyhlucas

Re: Weird, bent 3d print

Good news, bad news. First the good news, this problem has been discussed and apparently solved here, as quite few people had this happen. The bad? I don't remember the name of the thread it was in!
Gary H. Lucas
jimc

superkent

Thank you so much! 8-)
I will test that solution tomorrow!
uncheck the "allow zeroing of extrusion distances" checkbox in the G-Code panel
Sorry for this thread, i've searched but not found that thread before. :oops:

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”