Maarten

Noob temperature question

First of all, hi to everyone. I am Maarten, a flute maker in Amsterdam. I bought S3d as I am done fiddling with slic3r/ kisslicer settings that I barely understand. Just want to print things. So here is the problem: I can't get the supports off the print. It all is molten together. I think my extruder temperature is too high, either because I have this spool of ABS with a lowish melting point or my thermistor is a bit off. Either way, I do not see a general temperature setting for this plastic. In the process settings I can edit temperature per layer, but does that only affect the current layer or does this setting remain until the next setpoint? And can I make filament profiles?
regards, Maarten
jimc

Re: Noob temperature question

in the temp settings in your process that is a setpoint that takes effect on the layer you have it set at. it will remain until it his another setpoint. so a layer 1 temp of 225 will start at layer 1 and go until the end of the print unless you have another setpoint programmed in
Maarten

Thanks! exactly what I wanted to know. I suppose I can't make "filament profiles"?
regards, Maarten
jrpmedia

So, I could have:

Right Extruder
1 230
10 210
Which would mean Heat the PLA Nozzle to 230 for the first 9 Layers, then Heat at 210 degrees for all the rest of the Layers?

Heated Build Platform
1 35
10 0

Which would mean Heat the Bed at 35 degrees or the first 9 Layers, then Turn Off the Heat to the Bed for all the rest of the Layers ?

!! Might it not cope with the switch to Heat Bed 0 degrees and hang around for ages, with the Heat Bed never actually attaining true 0 degrees ?!
Last edited by jrpmedia on Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
IDM Imagineering
Professional Equipment for SuperHEROs.
https://www.idmimagineering.co.uk
dsegel

Yes, that's exactly how it works.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”