littlecat

Preview by nozzle temperature

I really like how you can preview your sliced-up print by movement speed, active process, feature type, etc. However one notable omission from this list is nozzle temperature. It would be extremely helpful if I could select nozzle temperature from the "Coloring" dropdown menu in the preview window and get a nice visualization of print temperatures across my various models and processes. This would help me catch errors in temperature setpoints, which when working with dual extrusion heads, can become difficult to keep track of; and errors of this type (e.g. failing to turn on an auxiliary hot end a few layers before it is set to start printing) will invariably mess up a print and sometimes even damage the printer. In my opinion, this feature ought to be a high priority because (a) it should be relatively easy to implement, and, more importantly (b) it has direct safety implications for the user, given that accurate heater management is hugely important for reducing the risk of printer jams or even fires.
jab136

Re: Preview by nozzle temperature

+1
pserenne

+1
S3D-Jake

Thanks for all the feedback! I've updated our existing tracking for this feature request. Our development team will review your specific ideas!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”