Re: Ironing

+1 for this feature.
bolsoncerrado

+10000 to this feature!!!
ikaplinsky

+1
I endorse the idea of the Ironing feature.
I have read about the trick with additional process on top, but we need to polish top layers on different heights (areas), so using additional-process-trick would be quite consuming for setting up.

Developing this idea I think about ironing the first layer. Yes, first. Too often the bottom of the model using as a front face - in panels. I will try.

Question: I'm not completely understand - for the Ironing I need to decrease the speed or increase ?
RetroDesign3D

"Ironing" +1 please add this. I do a lot of voxel model prints and would like to see how this. No email needed to anyone , just add it ! :)
bolsoncerrado

+1000!!! PLEASE!
usagi

+1 ironing would be nice to have.
adcurtin

Boby wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm That's why the technique should be able chosen for "all" (must) or "selected" (nice to have) surfaces in order to save print time.
ooh it'd be sweet to have a tool kind of like the support tool, where you can select faces to iron and faces not too. (it'd be good to be able to specify an area too, and not have to click on all the top faces individually) That'd be really useful.
Royce

Happy to see that many users would love to see this feature in S3D.
Hope it gets implemented.
xepherys

It would be a nice feature. Honestly, the earlier comment in the thread about "ripping off" other slicers is... well it's kind of silly. None of these things are patent or copyright. All modern slicers exist solely because they "ripped off" a previous software. Honestly, for the price of S3D, I would expect virtually all of the features (at least non-experimental ones) of free slicers to be available.
mixdup

I too would love to see this feature, however a smart version that allows for all or some top surfaces to be ironed. A manual tool much like the "Add support" method in reverse would be awesome.
Cheers

Return to “Feature Requests”