Geek2Nurse

Reverting to Saved Process vs. Modified Process

I save processes based on my printer model + filament type, once I've dialed in the settings that work best for each filament. But if I modify one of those processes for a specific print, I don't always want to save the changes to the process; I might just want to save them to the factory file for that print. However, once I've made modifications, I can't find a way to revert back to the original saved process. The only version available in the dropdown is the modified one. I don't always remember every single thing I've tweaked; that's WHY I save the base process, so I can go back to it. Except I can't. What's the point of noting that the process has been modified if the unmodified version is no longer accessible? What am I missing?(Version 4.0.1)
rrdavis

Re: Reverting to Saved Process vs. Modified Process

Just select any other profile in the list and it will ask if you want to save the modification you made. Choose NO, and then those modifications will be erased. You can then switch back to the original profile, free of any modifications.
Geek2Nurse

Not exactly elegant, but at least it works. ;) Thanks!
sblanzio

rrdavis wrote:Just select any other profile in the list and it will ask if you want to save the modification you made. Choose NO, and then those modifications will be erased. You can then switch back to the original profile, free of any modifications.
In our Fablab we also have this big problem, but the solution you suggested is not user friendly and it is also honestly counter-intuitive. The software should ask you if you wish to save the last process changes when you close the file just like any other software, and if you don't save it should reset to the last saved process.

We have several members in our lab and this should be much more intuitive to save/don't save your process changes. They always end up assuming the process at startup is the "master" version, but instead it always keeps the last member's changes, leading to problems and failed prints.

At least make it an opt-out in the settings, just like the "restore last job upon opening" option.

That would help a lot!
thanks in advance

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”