First layer help?

My first layer settings are

67% layer height
150% layer width
60% speed

The rest is set at

.2 layer height
80mm/s speed

There are still gaps in the first layer but those are the best settings as anything else results in a feathered looking first layer. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Willy83

Re: First layer help?

Hi, forst of I'm a starter in the 3d printing world but perhaps my settings help you out.

First layer settings:
120% layer height
120% layer width
50% speed

.2 layer height
60mm/s speed

Good luck
zemlin

If your first layer isn't packing quite as much as you like, it's a bed height issue, not first layer settings. The slicer will compensate the paths it lays down according to your settings, so going wider means it will spread the beads further out, not close up any caps you're seeing.

reduce the gap between your print nozzle and the bed to tighten up the first layer print. Don't go too far though or you'll end up flaring the part at the bed.
3DEnthusiast

Thanks guys!

My bed uses a proximity probe and auto-leveling so I will have to add it to the Z offset. I'll give that a go and see if that fixes my issues.
Gencab

3DEnthusiast wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:48 pm Thanks guys!

My bed uses a proximity probe and auto-leveling so I will have to add it to the Z offset. I'll give that a go and see if that fixes my issues.
What printer are you using ?
Aha

Definitely try z offset as a significant thing. But you might be underextruding as well if it is stringing or not finishing the top of some. You can up the extrusion multiplier.

Do let us know how you come along, I've been having that problem suddenly and I'm also not sure how to fix it as it is not z-offset in my case I'm pretty sure.
3DEnthusiast

I'm using an i3 clone I built. The Z-offset seemed to resolve the issue really well.

Thanks!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”