vindolin

Infill between bridging.

I tried printing a heat tower and noticed little filament loops hanging from the bridging.

When I checked the preview mode, I saw that S3D made the same amount of bridges as my perimeter shell count and then zigzags the space between the bridges.

I tried all settings but the only thing that helped, was to bump the permiter shell count so it covers the width of the bridge.

Any other ideas how to accomplish this without increasing the overall model perimeters?
Attachments
bridging.JPG
arhi

Re: Infill between bridging.

are you using 4.0.1 ?
did you setup other tab, unsupported area thr. to 5, turned on "apply bridging to perimeters" ?
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
rrdavis

Try reducing the bridging area threshold. It might be too big for those small bridges.

If you're still having trouble, attach your factory file (it's hard to anyone to help without it!)
vindolin

Thank you, yes I'm using 4.0.1.
I tried changing those settings but it made no difference.
Here's my factory file:
Attachments
bridging_problem.factory
(106.33 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
dkightley

Fixed......check the Bridging settings! :roll: :roll:

It took 30 seconds to sort out.....you should have taken the advice given!
Attachments
220-260PETG_Temp_Tower_.factory
(106.64 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
vindolin

dkightley wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:25 pm Fixed......check the Bridging settings! :roll: :roll:

It took 30 seconds to sort out.....you should have taken the advice given!
I took the advice, and that did not work.
But it looks like you also enabled the "Use fixed bridging infill angle" option, which fixed the problem in combination with "Unsupported area thr. < 30"
Also this works only for one direction, which works with this model but other models with bridges in more than one direction would not work.
arhi

vindolin wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:34 pm But it looks like you also enabled the "Use fixed bridging infill angle" option, which fixed the problem
the bridging algo is not perfect/all knowing but at least now there is a possibility to force its way with "fixed bridging angle"
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
brunofporto

Same issue here with the same part.

Fix the bridge angle solves for this particular part but not if the parti you are going to print have more bridges... The bridge algorithm of S3D is just plain dumb..... :(

Come one.... Slic3r have better algorithm for this and the code is freely available!

I am using Slic3r Prusa edition more and more and only using my expensive fancy S3D licence where multiple processes are mandatory for my prints... That is really sad as I could bough something like 8kg of filament with what I paid for it. :x :x

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”