moraesgyn

Save to SD Card and eject

I would like to see the Save to sd and eject SD card inside s3d, similar to cura. Its really useful, and can save a lot of time.
JoeJ

Re: Save to SD Card and eject

really? a lot of time?
moraesgyn

JoeJ wrote:really? a lot of time?
Well JoeJ, yeah a lot of time, Lets do some math, if the S3D takes 1 second to slice a calibration cube and you spend 3 seconds selecting the SD ( the obvious place to save ), then you open the windows explorer and right click on the SD volume and select Eject, lets say you spend more 5 seconds on this....

you spend at least 8x more time on the process selecting the SD and ejecting it, then actually slicing, when S3D could have a simple function that would have saved and ejected the card spending only another second.

Hope this can explain my point.
MIKET

After printing from SD Card, How can I reopen the printed product from the SD Card back into simplify program to make adjustments. Only view that shows up is the Preview mode
arhi

MIKET wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:08 am After printing from SD Card, How can I reopen the printed product from the SD Card back into simplify program to make adjustments. Only view that shows up is the Preview mode
you cannot, what you saved on the SD card is G-Code, that's not reversible back to STL from where you started. you can export factory file as a "project" that you can load and make adjustment, but from G-code you don't go back
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
Tetraodon

Looks like this is a necro'd thread, but I'd love for it to automatically eject the SD card after export (as a toggle'd option, of course, and similar to how Lightroom ejects SD cards after import). Sure, it might not save a lot of time, but it'd be a handy automated process.
mmazurek

I would like this feature as well.
Going outside the program to eject the media you saved to is a hassle after you're used to not having to do it (Cura).
jwilbourne

I would like this feature as well. I can't believe you didn't add this to 4.0.
Going outside the program to eject the media you saved to is a hassle after you're used to not having to do it (Cura).

Return to “Feature Requests”