arhi

Re: Add accel and jerk settings for accurate build time calc

btw, the code of https://github.com/arhi/gcodestat is licenced with "unlicence" or to say in laymen's term "use it for free, do whatever you want with it, no need to attribute anyone etc etc..." so if s3d wish to integrate this code (or parts of it) into s3d it's totally ok I'll even help for free if help's needed to integrate it into s3d
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
APoloG13

Re: Add accel and jerk settings for accurate build time calc.

Dear Arhi,

I want to apply your estimation time add-on to my S3D for better time estimation because lately i'm having a 2h difference betwen the estimation and the real print but i had no success on install it.

Is it possible to have an easy "Installation For Dummys" kind of tutorial??

Thanks for your great work.
arhi

APoloG13 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:18 pm Is it possible to have an easy "Installation For Dummys" kind of tutorial??
I thought it is already explained as simple as possible but it can always be better. What OS are you running your S3D on?
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
APoloG13

arhi wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:05 pm
APoloG13 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:18 pm Is it possible to have an easy "Installation For Dummys" kind of tutorial??
I thought it is already explained as simple as possible but it can always be better. What OS are you running your S3D on?
Windows Arhi, but i have no clue about what to do even reading your tutorial. :cry:
arhi

APoloG13 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:39 am Windows Arhi, but i have no clue about what to do even reading your tutorial. :cry:
widows is easy :D

download the latest zip from https://github.com/arhi/gcodestat/releases (latest attm is 0.7 )

unpack it in c:\gcodestat\ so you get

Code: Select all

c:\gcodestat\gcodestat.exe
c:\gcodestat\gs.bat
c:\gcodestat\samples\*
edit gs.bat to be like this (this configuration does not upload file to octoprint, if you want to automatically upload to octoprint leave the api and url thing as original just change api and url values):

@echo off

for %%a in (%1) do (
    set filepath=%%~dpa
    set filename=%%~na
    set extension=%%~xa
)   
set if=%filepath%%filename%%extension%
set of=%filepath%%filename%_M117%extension%

C:\gcodestat\gcodestat.exe --alert -d 0.02 -a 1000 --gcode="%if%" --output="%of%" 

start s3d
edit process settings
go to scripts tab
in the "additional termina commands for post processing" add:

c:\gcodestat\gs.bat "[output_filepath]" 
save your profile and that's it, slice a file and save it after slicing and after slicing you'll get a popup with time to print, also you will get a second file at the same place you saved original file with _M117 so if you saved "butterfly.gcode" you will also get "butterfly_M117.gcode" file there. the new file will have M117 codes embedded in the file so every 10% of time to finish it will update the lcd on the printer with proper time till print is finished

lemme know how it works for you
APoloG13

arhi wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:52 am
APoloG13 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:39 am Windows Arhi, but i have no clue about what to do even reading your tutorial. :cry:
widows is easy :D

download the latest zip from https://github.com/arhi/gcodestat/releases (latest attm is 0.7 )

unpack it in c:\gcodestat\ so you get

c:\gcodestat\gcodestat.exe
c:\gcodestat\gs.bat
c:\gcodestat\samples\*
edit gs.bat to be like this (this configuration does not upload file to octoprint, if you want to automatically upload to octoprint leave the api and url thing as original just change api and url values):

@echo off

for %%a in (%1) do (
    set filepath=%%~dpa
    set filename=%%~na
    set extension=%%~xa
)   
set if=%filepath%%filename%%extension%
set of=%filepath%%filename%_M117%extension%

C:\gcodestat\gcodestat.exe --alert -d 0.02 -a 1000 --gcode="%if%" --output="%of%" 

start s3d
edit process settings
go to scripts tab
in the "additional termina commands for post processing" add:

c:\gcodestat\gs.bat "[output_filepath]" 
save your profile and that's it, slice a file and save it after slicing and after slicing you'll get a popup with time to print, also you will get a second file at the same place you saved original file with _M117 so if you saved "butterfly.gcode" you will also get "butterfly_M117.gcode" file there. the new file will have M117 codes embedded in the file so every 10% of time to finish it will update the lcd on the printer with proper time till print is finished

lemme know how it works for you
Done and as you say the pop up with time to print shows up when i save. Today i will try with some prints and find how accurated is.

Thank you very much for the explanation ahri, hope S3D integrate it
arhi

you are welcome, lemme know how precise it is for you.

btw in the gs.bat there is parameter "-a 1000 " this sets default acceleration to 1000mm/sec/sec now if you know what is default acceleration for XY on your printer, change this value to whatever you have. The gcodestat will pick up the acceleration settings from g-code but it's there only if it's added to start script as s3d itself does not set/change acceleration settings.

depending what firmware you have you can read from your printer acceleration settings by executing some M commands... for e.g. with smoothieware or marlin using M503 and it will display bunch of info about printer including acceleration
mpentenr

+1 for better time calculation in Simplify3D
Spire42

I just downloaded gcodestat 0.7, and it seems to work fine with the included sample gcode files. But when I try it on my own gcode files (generated by Simplify3D), I get the following:

Total time: ( -14:-8 )
This happens with every single one of my gcode files.

Any idea what's going on?
Spire42

I narrowed the problem down to this one line that Simplify3D puts in every G-code file:

G1 Z10 ; lower
If I comment that line out, processing works fine and I get a real time estimate.

It also works fine if I add a nonzero F argument (specifying a feed rate) instead of commenting the line out:

G1 Z10 F1 ; lower
It looks like gcodestat has a bug that causes it to fail to parse a G1 command that contains a Z argument but no F argument.

Return to “Feature Requests”