Re: Adjust print speed for overhangs

+1
timpuri

+1
fiekemike

+1
good idea, will greatly improve quality without increasing the printing time too much
aubergine18

+1 for this

The workaround is somewhat cumbersome, I'd expect relatively expensive software to handle this sort of thing for me.
jrw

This feature is an absolute must for any slicer. It will improve the print immensely where it needs it the most, at no extra cost in terms of time or material, and is not very difficult to implement. I've attached an image showing how the print speed should look like for the Benchy model on the upper side arcs, where there will always be drooping material if not printed slow enough. As the overhangs get more pronounced, the print speed should gradually get slower.
SnapShot 102.png
ieatacid

jrw wrote:This feature is an absolute must for any slicer. It will improve the print immensely where it needs it the most, at no extra cost in terms of time or material, and is not very difficult to implement. I've attached an image showing how the print speed should look like for the Benchy model on the upper side arcs, where there will always be drooping material if not printed slow enough. As the overhangs get more pronounced, the print speed should gradually get slower.
SnapShot 102.png
+1

This would be great to have, especially in the situation above, where using multiple processes either wouldn't work or would be extremely tedious.
pyrotech20

+1 (and bump)
goldcd

+1
Not sure if it's reassuring or not to sign up to post an idea, and see I'm not alone in thinking this would be useful..
airscapes

+1
DiegoPear

+1

Return to “Feature Requests”