AndersE

NEW version today, or yesterday...2.1.1

yes!!!! update now.
Dssguy1

Re: NEW version today, or yesterday...2.1.1

Change Log this time?
AndersE

no :( Only thing i found yet is the cost calc..
Joey

First things I noticed, raft seperation, and more printers listed. Specifically the robo 3d printer, Gonna look for more updates
vOidward

So far I've noted:

- Crash on "use random start points for all perimeters" is fixed. This is most likely the majority of people who said S3D crashes when preparing to print.
- Raft separation option added "Separation distance between the first layer of the raft and the bottom layer of the part. Higher values will help the raft separate easier."
- Ability to specify price per KG of filament, to give more accurate costs per part printed.
- Legacy graphics mode under general options -> visualization, I would guess for compatibility with onboard graphics.

A solid dot release. I just wish they'd put up an official changelog. It still hasn't been updated for 2.1 .
Joey

Couple more finds.
Tools-->options-->preferences
Disable automatic USB device detection. This will be nice for when doing an SD card print, so if you plug in your printer it wont reset the printer.
Also, there's file association support. Right click an stl or factory file, open with-->simplify3d (set as default program). Now when you download an stl or factory file, you can click it and it will open+import to Simplify3d.
TenKOhms

Joey wrote:Couple more finds.
Tools-->options-->preferences
Disable automatic USB device detection. This will be nice for when doing an SD card print, so if you plug in your printer it wont reset the printer.
Also, there's file association support. Right click an stl or factory file, open with-->simplify3d (set as default program). Now when you download an stl or factory file, you can click it and it will open+import to Simplify3d.
wow "Joey" great finds!
dennisjm

How did you find it since when I did check for updates it said it's still up to date. I was able to download it but since it isn't listed anywere?...
You just click to re-download every day? :) :)
AndersE

No, i found out through the guy "TenKOhms" in the "set currency thread", where he wrote he had that option in his sw, and he said he just installed s3d.
So i checked and downloaded.
TenKOhms

dennisjm wrote:How did you find it since when I did check for updates it said it's still up to date. I was able to download it but since it isn't listed anywere?...
You just click to re-download every day? :) :)
I got lucky, I check every once in a while whenever I remember to.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”