jab136

Is it possible to change the order of certain lines in a layer?

so, I am having a particular issue which I previously posted about here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9941 I think I found the root cause, but I cant' figure out how to fix it. if you take the two attached gcode files and run them line by line you will see that when it starts to print the cones, for the inside-out one it prints the most overhung lines first every time, but for the outside-in one it prints the less overhung lines first for some of the sections, but the more overhung lines first for some of the others. I suspect this is a print time optimization, but it is causing my prints to fail so I was trying to find a way to force it to print the less overhung lines before the more overhung lines in order to try to avoid failures. Here is an image of the failure that is occurring in a slightly different part.
IMG_20180424_105814527.jpg
As you can see, the material that should be forming the bottom of the wall is not adhering to the previous layer properly. I have tried increasing the print temperature to 270 degrees but that hasn't resolved the issue and I am not comfortable increasing it any further.
Attachments
45 degrees_4 columns_50mm_bottom_outside-in.zip
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
45 degrees_4 columns_50mm_bottom_inside-out.zip
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 119 times

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”