dokorn
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:15 am

Automatic Fill?

I am encountering an issue I've no clue how to remedy. My model is an arm cuff and for some reason the middle keeps getting automatically filled. Does anyone know what I can do?
Attachments
2018-06-03.png
2018-06-03 (1).png
rrdavis
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:52 am

Re: Automatic Fill?

Did you already run the repair checks in S3D to look for non-manifold or self-intersecting surfaces? If it finds issues, there may be a problem with the model.

You should also check the Advanced tab to make sure you have the "merge all outlines into a single solid model" option disabled.
User avatar
dkightley
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Automatic Fill?

If you downloaded that file from the internet...…..well, what do you expect???

Having said that..ie the file has errors in the mesh......if you have Win10, then load the file into the 3D Builder WIndows app. It will more than likely ask if it can repair the file. Let it do so, then export as a 3mf format file and load into S3D.....and off you go!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
dokorn
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:15 am

Re: Automatic Fill?

I've checked the model with 3D builder and Makeprintable.com and its come up that the model itself it fine. This isn't the only model this has happened to both downloaded and custom created files have been doing this. I think its a problem when the model is being sliced.
rrdavis
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:52 am

Re: Automatic Fill?

Why don't you attach the STL file?
wirlybird
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: Automatic Fill?

Have you verified the setting on the advanced tab that RR suggested? It is very common to have this setting enable by mistake.
sticky_iggy
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Re: Automatic Fill?

i was having that problem when i had merge all outlines into a single solid model selected, FFF Settings > >Advanced / Slicing Behavior
dokorn
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:15 am

Re: Automatic Fill?

It was slicing behavior that seemed to be the issue! I toggled with those settings under the "advanced" tab. Thank you all! I really appreciate anyone who took the time to provide any assistance!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”