aLLmIxEdup

Factory file management

Factory files are an excellent means to capture a complete print, and offer a useful means to store 'validated' prints for future re-use.

However, beyond employing elaborate file naming conventions, there is no easy way to manage or even search them.

It would be helpful to provide some facility for listing and searching factory files, on keys like printer, model name, profile and custom notes...etc.

TBH, I suspect this is a lot of work but perhaps some of the code might be shared with similar facilities for profiles, fff files and so on. As a passing thought, this might well quality as another product or at least an addon - especially if implemented as a server that multiple simplify3d clients can connect to. I think I would pay a bit extra for that.

So if you have a few thousand development hours to spare, there is something you might consider playing with ;-)
hyperprinter

Re: Factory file management

I second this - what would probably be super easy to implement is a function to write out all process parameters into a CSV or similar (unless this already exists?). This will make it really easy for me to control printing parameters and make comparisons between factory files.

Return to “Feature Requests”