axelaldar

Ultimaker 3 Dual Extrusion Oozing

Hello all. I have a problem that I just cannot figure out so was wondering if there's anyone who could help.

I have an Ultimaker 3 and I am using Simplify 3D to do prints. I have the PVA in the first extruder and PLA in the second. I am using the "PLA (right) PVA (left) option in the Auto-Configure for Material selection.

The problem I have is that when the first layers are printing (using PVA or PLA) the other extruder leaks filament onto the print bed and sometimes curl up around the extruder end. I have tried everything I could think of and scoured the internet and these forums for a possible reason this happens but I have not been able to find anything thus my post.

Is anyone please able to help?
DarthRevan

Re: Ultimaker 3 Dual Extrusion Oozing

Tool change retraction distance and speed adjustments can help. Also, turning on wiping can help to eliminate the last little bit thats not retracted during a retraction.

If you want more drastic options, see the other ultimaker 3 thread where I've explained how to use the idle temperatures to completely eliminate ooze at the cost of print time.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”