imsmooth

directly sending commands

I would like to send my own commands, like test fan 0 or 1.

I'm guessing this is the SEND line. However, I don't know what the commands are for the fan or anything else. Is there a tutorial that explains the commands?
TenKOhms

Re: directly sending commands

Hi, open up the Machine Control Panel, and with your printer connected, under the "Communication" tab you can send in G-Code to your printer.

Here is a list of G-Codes and their functions:
http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code
Attachments
Capture.PNG
joesoap583

My understanding is that my MakerBot Replicator 2X uses X3G, not gcode. So I can't send gcode commands to it. Is this correct?
Posting as a private individual - 3D printing is a hobby activity.
Creality CR-10S owner.
TenKOhms

joesoap583 wrote:My understanding is that my MakerBot Replicator 2X uses X3G, not gcode. So I can't send gcode commands to it. Is this correct?
Sorry, that is correct. With Makerbot Replicator 2+ and clones using sailfish firmware, you cannot send G-Code directly to the printer via the MCP
joesoap583

Are there X3G alternatives? After all, S3G does the conversion from gcode to X3G automagically when you do the print request. That seems to suggest that X3G has equivalent commands to gcode.

A bit like French and English. Talk to me in French and you might as well be speaking gibberish.
Creality CR-10S owner.
jwiede

joesoap583 wrote:Are there X3G alternatives? After all, S3G does the conversion from gcode to X3G automagically when you do the print request. That seems to suggest that X3G has equivalent commands to gcode.
There are equivalents, but X3G is a binary format (with self-checking, aka checksumming, IIRC), so the cmds aren't something you can just compose and type in a text box, they need to be a stream of byte values not necessarily within ASCII-typeable characters.
joesoap583

jwiede wrote:
joesoap583 wrote:Are there X3G alternatives? After all, S3G does the conversion from gcode to X3G automagically when you do the print request. That seems to suggest that X3G has equivalent commands to gcode.
There are equivalents, but X3G is a binary format (with self-checking, aka checksumming, IIRC), so the cmds aren't something you can just compose and type in a text box, they need to be a stream of byte values not necessarily within ASCII-typeable characters.
As an ex-programmer I am familiar with binary vs ascii code. It seems to me that this requirement might be satisfied if the text input allowed binary data to be entered as a series of octal (or hex) values, perhaps preceded with '0x' or some such. That wouldn't seem to be a lot of work to add that capability - and then S3D could open up new opportunities for supporting MakerBot printers.

Perhaps the folks at S3D might want to flag this as a possible enhancement request?
Creality CR-10S owner.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”