brentdahldesign

Diamond 3 colour mixing hot end support

I would love to see the option within simplify for users that have a diamond head installed on their printer. There are plugins for Cura that work with the diamond head but I think you guys can do better. Having it so that the head doesn't necessarily have to change to a different colour mix per layer but instead purge mid way through the layer or on the inside of the layer where it won't be seen in order to transition on the same layer. The colour mixing seems easy enough in the cura plugin where you specify the percentage of each colour required at certain levels from each extruder in order to create custom colours. I believe that full colour printing is on the rise and I would prefer not to have to use a proprietary machine in order to achieve great results.
neop5

Re: Diamond 3 colour mixing hot end support

+1 from my side.
This is an option i really love to see.

It would be good to make this configurable (like in my case i have 6 different filaments on my hotend).

@S3D-Team: if you need support for testing feel free to ask...
roger36330

Count me in on this request. Building a new printer using Azteeg X3Pro board which supports 8 steppers, x,y,z plus 5 extruders. Supports both Marlin and Repetier firmware. Not sure which firmware is winning this race, both are supporting color mixing configurations.
bogaskilop

I also upgrade now my printer to 3in1 diamond and want to use simplify3d as slicer so colormixing and some additional settings for 3in1 will be great benefit.
Gualtierico

Add my request for coming updates, I think it's time to make this step up in your amazing SW.

Thanks ;)
TheBum

+1. The M3D QuadFusion head would also benefit.
TheBum

TheBum wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:32 am +1. The M3D QuadFusion head would also benefit.
...not to mention the M3D Promega Compound head. Add my vote for mixing support.
Gualtierico

Any news about colour blending?
S3D-Jake

Gualtierico wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:09 pm Any news about colour blending?
Are you referring to mixing or gradient transitions?

Mixing (at least with Repetier) is shown here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6565
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
TheBum

S3D-Jake wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:39 am
Gualtierico wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:09 pm Any news about colour blending?
Are you referring to mixing or gradient transitions?

Mixing (at least with Repetier) is shown here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6565
That's a kludge, not a baked-in feature. I'd love to see the ability to define extruders with each having its own color mix directly in S3D.

Return to “Feature Requests”