tmoore

[DONE] Process Editor

For my use I envision Simplify as a glorified CAM system. I make models, save them as STL files and generate toolpaths. I would like a simple way to build a library of different processes, name them appropriately and set up their individual parameters as function outside of processing a part, sort of like setting up a tool crib of tools except this is more like a tool box of filaments, extrusion widths, layer heights and thermal parameters. For speed I would like to have the editor function in the form of a spreadsheet directly inputting data into the parameters and then giving me the capability of quickly opening, closing and saving the processes. What is there now is cumbersome and this process could be sped up considerably as well as streamlined. Food for thought.
KeyboardWarrior

Re: Feature Request Process Editor

You can build a library of different processes, just set your process settings and then export it.

Once you export it, it will save as a .FFF file, from there you can have a bunch of them that you just import and Boom your settings are loaded. If you really wanna customize it you can open an exported .FFF file in a text-editor and play with the XML script.

Return to “Feature Requests”