ljack

Simplify3D.exe - Application Error

S3D refuses to start. Used to work last time i tried a week ago. Not it fails.

"Simplify3D.exe - Application Error
The instruction at 0x00007FF71EACB2D referenced memory at 0x000002272A7AD380. The memory could not be written.
Click OK to terminate..
Click CANCEL to debug...
"
Attachments
Application Error
Application Error
rrdavis

Re: Simplify3D.exe - Application Error

A quick search yields many ideas about this issue.
https://www.google.com/search?q=the+ins ... be+written

Sounds like it is usually due to another background application interfering with the program (perhaps an anti-virus software or some other theming/skinning program?)
GavinBro24

Hello,

The same issue popped up for me out of the blue and I have yet to find a solution. Have you found anything new since your post?

I’ve found out it has to be something on my computer not allowing it but I’ve tried reinstalling Simplify3D and I’ve also removed softwares I had installed at a similar time the issue started happening. But I haven’t had any luck.

-Gavin
rrdavis

Maybe it is a problem with a recent Windows update. Might help to know what exact version and build number of windows you are using.

Press Windows+R, type "winver" into the run dialog, then press enter. Then either post that screenshot or copy the exact OS and build number and post it here.
GavinBro24

Here is a picture of my version of windows. I feel like when the problem started happening, I vaguely remember updating.
Attachments
Windows Version.JPG
GavinBro24

rrdavis wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:43 am Maybe it is a problem with a recent Windows update. Might help to know what exact version and build number of windows you are using.

Press Windows+R, type "winver" into the run dialog, then press enter. Then either post that screenshot or copy the exact OS and build number and post it here.
I posted the screenshot of my windows version. Does this help?
johnnyo1012

Has this been solved? I have the same issue right now...
Attachments
rip.JPG
Skeksis

This just started happening to me as well. The only thing I can think of is that I had the WIndows 10 program called 3D Builder running at the time I tried starting up Simplify3D and ever since it will not start now. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the program but still fails.
spottyshowers

Just started happening to me today.
I noticed before i shut down the PC yesterday that Windows 10 was going to start the install of an update (January 8, 2019—KB4480966)
Since this morning i cannot use S3D. All that pops up is Application error.
Any workarounds?? I don't want to uninstall in case i lose my profiles.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
S3D-Jake

Please try deleting the savedState.factory file located in the directory specified in this FAQ entry.

Please let me know if this allows you to use the software again.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”