dcousins

Flashforge Guider II Profile

Hi Simplify3d

Just wanting to know has anyone had any success using Simplify3d with the Flashforge Guider II?

I have tried creating a profile through both config assistant and customising existing Flashforge profiles to no avail.

Would love to get my hands on a profile someone has had some success with using a Guider II??

Thanks in advance!
wirlybird

Re: Flashforge Guider II Profile

Yes, I can send some specifics this evening. I just started with a blank/generic profile and set it up as I needed.

Make sure you are on the latest firmware or at least one back. I think the newest one may have an issue I need to check out.

If you aren't using it then try out Flashprint. It does a great job with the Guider II and the tree supports are the bomb once you get used to them!
dcousins

Thank you for the response wirlybird!

I will check my firmware version as I am still on stock.

I was going to try Flashprint as a last resort if I couldnt get S3D working. Currently I use S3D with a Flashforge Creator Pro with my classes and we have been making steady progress learning the software. Would really like to be able to use S3D with both printers.

Any chance I could get you to send me a copy of your profile wirlybird?

Cheers! :)
wirlybird

Sorry not to get back sooner. How's it going with the Guider II?
bchs

I am having a similar problem,

I have a Guider II, and it does not wait for the extruder to heat up to the set temperature, and just starts printing.

Any profiles people could share or settings to add/change?
wirlybird

I'll try to remember to post mine.
wirlybird

bchs wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:21 am I am having a similar problem,

I have a Guider II, and it does not wait for the extruder to heat up to the set temperature, and just starts printing.

Any profiles people could share or settings to add/change?
Have you check on the temp tab to see that the option to wait for temps to stabilize is "checked" for each temp set?
jorren624

Wirlybird - Would you be so kind as to post your S3D profile for the Guider II ? We are having similar issues getting them to interact properly.

Thanks!
jasonraz

Bump..

@Wirlybird, seeking same profile, having strange issues with S3D and Guider II.

If I print from S3D printer tells me The nozzle will hit the print bed. Print from Flash Print no issues.
S3D-Jake

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10769&p=43747#p43751 :
you may contact Simplify3D's support staff for a profile that works well with the Guider II.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”