rich17950

Your firmware does not support real-time speed changes.

Just purchase new Flashforge Creator Pro and then upgraded to Simplify3d 4.0 , Got everything up and running great with one exception.

Tried to adjust extrusion and print speed during print. this is what I got:
Your firmware does not support real-time speed changes. and
Your firmware does not support real-time extrusion multiplier changes.

any ideas ?

thanks Rich
SWCNT

Re: Your firmware does not support real-time speed changes.

I've never used a Flashforge Printer, but should it support real-time speed adjustments? Can you make real-time adjustments with other software (e.g. Cura)?
wirlybird

The creator pro supports speed and temp changes from the printer control panel.

I have not seen an option for flow adjustments.

Are you trying to make the adjustments through S3D while connected to the printer?
rich17950

Yes I am using the jog control dashboard while connected and printing via USB not from mem card., I had always been able to do it with ver. 3 and my old machine. Also this machine has the latest Sailfish firmware 7.8 from factory.

Adjusting on the fly was a nice feature that allowed me to fine tune while printing.

Thanks Rich
rich17950

SWCNT wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:03 pm I've never used a Flashforge Printer, but should it support real-time speed adjustments? Can you make real-time adjustments with other software (e.g. Cura)?
I have always used S3D and have always been able to adjust on the fly. Just upgraded to the S3D 4 so not willing to use any other software. I am just looking for a definitive answer and make sure Im not missing anything. I can adjust on the fly through the LCD screen but not through software. If this is the way it is for now I will just adjust my printing habits. I just received the new printer on Friday so just working out the learning curve. I will say that the prints are excellent so far but have had years of factory files and they were all for my old machine. Don't want to have to do trial and error with all my files.

Thanks Rich
SWCNT

Hi Rich,
It's odd you were able to do it with 3 but not version 4, however, as you said the firmware version is also different. I would just check with another program because that would immediately tell you whether the issue is with upgrading from 3->4, or if it's the different version of the firmware that's doing it.
wirlybird

Rich,

You might also try posting this on the Google Groups FlashForge group page. Some there may have some more insight as to the printers capabilities via controlling it with S3D.

I've never tried it with mine.
MichaelHerron

I think i remember getting that too. I believe the issue is having to go thru GPX.
I fixed it by using Octoprint or Astroprint, which will both let you control it on the fly. THey also allow you to output real, human readable g-code from S3D AND they will offload the print so your computer is free to use for other things.
Ayres3D

My understanding is that the FFCP doesn't support settings changes on the fly via USB. It will handle it from the panel during a print, but will not do so from GCODE via USB. I believe that was the response I got when asking the same question.

I would love for that answer to have been wrong, however.

I'll watch this thread with interest.
rich17950

Ayres3D wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:01 am My understanding is that the FFCP doesn't support settings changes on the fly via USB. It will handle it from the panel during a print, but will not do so from GCODE via USB. I believe that was the response I got when asking the same question.

I would love for that answer to have been wrong, however.

I'll watch this thread with interest.
Thanks for response, Im hoping they fix this.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”