EOW

Re: Where is version 4.1?

Hello, everybody is talking about cura but cura is so slow the GUI for parameter is really not good. I start using slic3r prusa edition which is really good in the latest bêta version. You can control jerk and acceleration for each phases, profile management is nearly perfect.

I hope to see interesting things in this new S3D version, not just big New functionnality but work on time estimation, profile management, ability to set speed without the need of percentage, add accel and jerk control for different phases like infill, exernal perimeter,... The custom support is a nice feature but the automatic support generation id bad and works correctly only on simple object. There are simple things that do not need one year development, you can do minor upgrade more often.
S3D-Jake

nsarzyns wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:31 pm
S3D-Jake wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:19 am As was stated yesterday (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10691#p43318), We're alive, working hard on 4.1, and plan to post a more thorough development update soon.
Why was the post "Has Simply3d downsized their developers to null?" locked? I replied to the original poster and yes I glad to see a response but seeing it was locked, just blocked a customer interaction and more so with the community.
We're planning to post an update on the status of 4.1 development on these forums soon, as was stated in that thread. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Harry_D

- Autosave profile settings after clicking OK
Oops - I sure hope, that is NOT going to be included? I frequently use temporary settings, intended for use with a single print only - I'd hate to see my standard profle being updated with my 1-off settings. I'd need to re-import my standard profile after each update - and should I forget to re-import it back in once, I'll be going wrong with my next print...

At least, provide a checkmark option to disable such an auto-save?
KSum

That would work.
- Remember COM port and Baud Rate
is one that drives me nuts having to reconnect and change both of these every time.
mischl

@S3D-Jake that would be very much appreciated!

an open, transparent and even pro active communication would much help
Dylan

Please add top layer settings just like first layer!
S3D-Chris

We have posted a S3D Development Update you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10751

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”