mr.sneezy

Script 'Start Code' not running when expected.

I have a machine with a heated build chamber. It's controlled by M141 commands.
To have the correct first layer nozzle height clearance the machine must be heated before printing begins to let the Z axis threaded drive rod expand first.
I added this to the 'start code' script
M141 S70
M141 H0
But I found that the machines bed heater comes on first regardless, then the extruder, and then finally chamber heating is only activated when printing commences ( which is too late).

So the code is not running at the real starting point of the process.
Anyone know how to change that ?

S3D V4.0.1
TheBum

Re: Script 'Start Code' not running when expected.

Add the chamber heater as a temperature controller in the Temperature tab. Make sure it's the first item in the list.
mr.sneezy

OK thanks , but I need a bit more detail than that, which type do I select, given there is only extruder or bed and no chamber option ?

Josh_95

I am having the same issue with the script where it uses a default start and uses my commands once it has completed those. I think its a bug in the new firmware?
S3D-Jake

I may be of some help with narrowing down how to have S3D ignore the automated heating commands and allow you to insert your own.

Simplify3D's automated commands get omitted if the slicing algorithm detects the corresponding temperature variable in the start script. This can be very useful for creating custom sequences for moving, homing, heating, priming, etc...

You can even insert the variables a a comment and the automated commands will get omitted, so make sure you tell your heaters what you want them to do prior to allowing the rest of the print to get started.

More on scripting variables here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1959
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”