icezycool935

Fan does not stop working

I print ABS i want stop Fan but Fan does not stop working.

Guilder 2

FFF

S3D-Jake

Re: Fan does not stop working

The Guider II doesn't have a part cooling fan. Most printers in this configuration will not permit you to control the extruder fan as the fan there is meant to provide additional cooling for the "heat break" area of the hot end.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
wirlybird

The Guider II DOES have a part cooling fan. As you face the printer the small fan on the left of the black extruder housing is the extruder cooling fan and on the right side and hard to see is the part cooling fan.
The one on the left is supposed to be running.

You are also using the profile for the Guider which really doesn't work well with the Guider II.
S3D-Jake

wirlybird,

You're correct, I didn't notice the fan embedded inside the extruder's assembly. Thanks for pointing that out!

icezycool935,

If you email our support team they have a profile they can share with you for use with the Guider II.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
wirlybird

I've emailed support several times for Guider II profile and have been told nothing available yet.
S3D-Jake

:o

I'm sorry to hear that. If you PM me your email, I'll make sure it gets to you.
wirlybird

No problem, I've been using my own profile for quite some time. I'll send a note though.
jorren624

Jake, it is not allowing me to send a PM to you for the GUIDER II profile. Could you send one to me so that I can respond with my email address?

Thank you!
John O.
Psionic001

Hi, is the Guider II profile available for download anywhere?

I have S3D 4.1 and a new Guider IIs and it will not connect via USB. only a comport is available and it will not connect to that.

@jorren624 did you get your working?
wirlybird

Never tried to connect to mine via USB/S3D but you'll need to go into device manager in Windows to see what com port the printer grabs when plugged into the PC.
If it is not getting one then you may need to install the driver which can be done by installing Flashprint.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”