andyc

Camera creeps downwards while rotating view. profile: Builder Extreme 2000

There is an issue with the camera movement where whenever the view is rotated the camera creeps downwards. This happens especially when making slow movements, so if I'm slowly rotating around a model to check things like supports or the gcode preview it quickly starts to disappear off the top of the screen requiring me to stop and reposition the camera.

The printer profile is a Builder Extreme 2000 with a 700x700x1820mm build volume.
DarthRevan

Re: Camera creeps downwards while rotating view. profile: Builder Extreme 2000

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by camera creep. Do you mean it continues to move after you've stopped moving the mouse?

Are you using the camera position shortcuts on the right hand menu?

Do you have this issue with all files you preview and rotate?

I've never used any printers as large as your Builder Extreme, maybe the larger size has something to do with the camera acting wonky.
andyc

I've recorded a screencap video to illustrate the issue. It happens with all files.

It only happens when you free rotate the view with the mouse, using the camera position shortcuts keep everything centered.
mousecreep.mp4
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 190 times
S3D-Jake

Andy,

If you haven't already, I'd recommend sending an email to our support team about this.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
S3D-Jake

Shocks,

When you saw this was it also on printers with larger build volumes such as the Builder Extreme 2000? If not, can you let me know which printer profile you were using when you saw this issue?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
shocksofmighty

I see it for the CR-10 profile. Probably others as well, but I'll have to explore.
shocksofmighty

Confirmed on a custom 630x320x240 profile (though it is X axis movement in that case). I also believe it only happens after supports have been placed.

EDIT: It does happen before supports are placed, but it is significantly worse afterwards.
S3D-Jake

Thanks for this information. I've been unable to reproduce the error on a computer in our office. Again, I'd suggest contacting our support team with this identifying information if you haven't already.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”