ace16vitamine
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Missing Lines

Dear all,

I bought this new Printer (JGAurira A5) and I can not find the problem. I already changed the retraction settings and more, but now I have no idea.

Attached some pictures. Do you have any Idea what I can also try?

Regards
Stef
Attachments
3d_f3.png
3d_f2.jpg
3d_f1.jpg
User avatar
DarthRevan
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:29 am

Re: Missing Lines

I think I've seen this happen on my prints before. Seem to remember the cause being a partial clog.
Have you tried cleaning out your nozzle and confirming your filament hasn't soaked up too much moisture?

Also, if you check the height at which these issues occur against the S3D preview, are there more retractions on those layers than others? If so, your settings may be slightly too aggressive.
wirlybird
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: Missing Lines

What print speed and temps?
ace16vitamine
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Re: Missing Lines

2000,0mm/min (see attachment)

I found out that I have this issue when I am printing large lines BUT only with SF3d - Not with Cura.

With SF3d: 5 - 7 sec. after retraction I hear a cracking noise and you can see a small space.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-27 um 01.08.59.png
S3D-Jake
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Re: Missing Lines

By large lines, do you mean long, wide, or tall? With a 0.4mm nozzle you'll need to strike a balance between printing temperature, retraction speed/distance, and printing speed.

Holes in the side of your print can be caused by the opposite effects of what is seen with blobs and zits. Too much retraction/coasting

https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... s-and-zits

Also make sure your filament settings are entered properly, as extrusion amounts are based on the filament diameter measurement.

https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... e-of-print
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”