DavidS

"adjust printing speed for layers below"

Hello...

I've looked and haven't found much of an explanation on how the following two options in the Speed tab work.

"Adjust printing speeds for layers below"... I assume this means that for any single layer that takes less than the time specified has the next option applied.

"Allow Speed reductions down to"... I would think that if a layer takes less than above time, the print speed for that layer would be adjusted by the percentage specified. But I have a feeling based on what I have read that it's not quite as simple as that, plus the description "down to" implies that the percentage is not an absolute of the main speeds.

Can someone explain how the percentage is calculated? Unless it is just a simple multiplier. I am trying to fix some major stringing... I did a tower with variable settings and found the settings that gave no stringing, but then when printing another part with the same settings, I got major webbing. I think the speed adjustments above may help, but I need to make sure I understand what it's doing.

Thanks

-David
S3D-Jake

Re: "adjust printing speed for layers below"

DavidS wrote: I've looked and haven't found much of an explanation on how the following two options in the Speed tab work.
Speeds used to be in the "Other" tab. Now they've been given their own tab as other settings that related to speed needed new homes. Here is a more thorough explanation of those speed settings: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2363
DavidS wrote: Can someone explain how the percentage is calculated? Unless it is just a simple multiplier. I am trying to fix some major stringing... I did a tower with variable settings and found the settings that gave no stringing, but then when printing another part with the same settings, I got major webbing. I think the speed adjustments above may help, but I need to make sure I understand what it's doing.
The speed adjustments are only for print speed and not movement speed, so stringing should still be able to be managed with movement speed and retraction.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Re: "adjust printing speed for layers below"

From my usages of it, I get this. The speed changes when a layer takes less than X seconds to print. I changed my speed to 50% reduction. This is useful for me on small parts because my table will shake violently when printing small parts at 100% speed. Basically, this setting keeps me from having to change my default printing speed to print small items.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”