DotScott1

Lost all S3D Profiles :( Can I Recover one from a Gcode File?

I've lost all of my S3D profiles due to a hard drive failure (hard drive is completely gone, no company has been able to recover it). I have 2 gcode file that were exported from Simplify3D version 4.0 but after reinstalling windows and S3d, I see that my now installed version is 4.0.1.

I tried File/Import fff Profile and selecting the gcode file but it gives me this error:

"Failed to parse XML file

Start tag expected"

and it doesn't load the profile. What is this message about? Any way to fix this?

I've also opened it in notepad and the settings are there (commented out) but it does say version 4.0, not version 4.0.1. Again, not sure if that matters or not.

I've attached the gcode files (I had to put one into a zipped folder to make it small enough to upload here) if anyone would mind taking a look? I'd appreciate any help I can get. I guess worst case, I can look at the settings in notepad and copy those at least but then... idk about my starting and ending scripts - how I would recover those. Or if I'd have to re-write them... they were somewhat complex -_-

I would really love it if I could recover my profile from this code. It took a really long time to tweak little settings, print objects, tweak again, etc. :( Out of everything I lost... I'm the most sad about this.
Attachments
ShoeOrganizer_TSN.zip
(946.1 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
ToothpasteSqueezer.gcode
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 155 times
DotScott1

Re: Lost all S3D Profiles :( Can I Recover one from a Gcode File?

Well I found the start code in notepad (in the gcode file) so... thank god for that! Looks like all the settings are in this file, will just take a while to transfer them all over. Wish I could get the import fff profile from gcode to work.
dkightley

Here's your profile. I loaded it from your gcode file....and then saved it:
Attachments
CR-10-S4_0.8mmN_0.41mmLH_60mmps_BedOff_EZABL.fff
(10.37 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
DotScott1

dkightley wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:42 pm Here's your profile. I loaded it from your gcode file....and then saved it:
YOU. ARE. MY. HERO!! Thank you so much!!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”