Tailslide

Re: Variable acceleration and Jerk

I know this is an old thread.. but I'm continuing to tweak my settings using this and I'm confused how it interacts with the GUI settings for acceleration.. I thought it would override them by using the script but the GUI settings continue to have some kind of effect. Do I set all the speed settings in the GUI to 100% to avoid any GCODE getting generated for acceleration so it doesn't fight with the script?
S3D-Jake

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your feedback. We'll be sure to monitor this thread for continued interest in acceleration values per-feature.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Akura2

Following because I'm interested in a GUI solution... I don't want to to have to learn programming just to make a few changes to smooth out my prints... :D
inventabuild

How does Simplify3D estimate print time without knowing the jerk and acceleration of the printers for which it is generating gcode? I notice S3D's print times are off significantly from the estimates sometimes. Is not knowing the jerk and acceleration the reason for this?

Also, please allow jerk and acceleration mod's for small perimeters. Slic3r has a setting for this that kicks in when a radius is less than 6.5 mm I believe.
Last edited by inventabuild on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
martin1454

got my vote!
tklus

I would also like to see this in the GUI! For folks who don't know M codes and programming, the script version could be problematic. I have been using the script to adjust jerk and acceleration and it makes a big difference in print quality.
mrjoedave

S3D-Jake wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:37 pm Hi everyone!

Thanks for your feedback. We'll be sure to monitor this thread for continued interest in acceleration values per-feature.

Hi, I would certainly be interested in acceleration/jerk setting within the individual process controls.
S3D-Jake

Thanks for the interest in this feature enhancement. I've updated the notes for this request and noted the increased interest for our development team.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Porcupineshiver

For what it's worth this has my vote. Also, as an aside to anyone who comes across this post as it's one of the first things that comes up on a search, on the makergear M3-ID acceleration is M204 P## instead of S##. It's probably true in other versions of makergear machines, but you can verify with M503 in the terminal.
flamespinner

This had my vote as well

Return to “Feature Requests”