phildolbow

[ADDED] Network Printing - Qidi X-Pro

I would really like to see the capability to send print jobs to my Qidi X-Pro directly to the printer over the network. The printer only has two ways to send print jobs, via USB memory card and over the network. It does not have a USB printer type connection or a serial port. Currently, I have to save the toolpaths to a file, open the file with the Qidi print application, and send it from there. This adds extra steps and also does not allow direct printer control from the Simplify3d machine control panel, a capability I would really like to have, but it only seems to support communication over a com port. Adding the capability to connect to an address on the network would be of great value.
zacware

Re: Network Printing - Qidi X-Pro

Same here. I would welcome this ability
ddhawk

Same request for another network capable printer: Dremel 3D45.
ketan

Team, any update on getting network printing for Qidi X-Pro ? It is frustrating not able to print either via COM or Network.

Thank you
timothyz

Network printing for the DuetWifi and other duet boards would be welcomed by many, probably thousands of users. IT would be awesome if we could send the gcode files over the network without having to pull up a browser.
wirlybird

I use WIFI SD cards on most of my printers and this works very good.
I would imagine you could use a WIFI USB stick. I have not tried it but maybe I'll get time to see if I can get it to work.

Maybe a USB to SD card adapter would work with a WIFI SD card? I can try that also.

Not the solution you are looking for but may help out.
mi1ccu

I too would like network printing for the QIDI TECH X-PRO,X-SMART and X-MAX .

It would be great to have it for any new 3D printers that would have network printing on them !!
S3D-Jake

Thanks for the numerous Qidi wifi printer requests. It would be amazing if every new wifi printer that was released was able to be supported. I've documented the requests for the mentioned printers and will continue monitoring this thread for requests.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
bobcat

Add my raised hand to this request. AND to actually having a SImplify3D-provided QIDI X-Max profile, as one would expect from the sales website...

TBH, when the Simplify3D website said the software was compatible with my X-Max, I expected to be able to pick my printer from the list, and not have to jump through hoops to import a FFF written by QIDI, and then still have to use the QIDI control panel to send files for printing. Printing my first model from this expensive software as we speak. The results will drive either my satisfaction, or a refund. Hopefully, the claims I succumbed to when purchasing this wasn't all hype...
wirlybird

bobcat wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:40 pm Add my raised hand to this request. AND to actually having a SImplify3D-provided QIDI X-Max profile, as one would expect from the sales website...

TBH, when the Simplify3D website said the software was compatible with my X-Max, I expected to be able to pick my printer from the list, and not have to jump through hoops to import a FFF written by QIDI, and then still have to use the QIDI control panel to send files for printing. Printing my first model from this expensive software as we speak. The results will drive either my satisfaction, or a refund. Hopefully, the claims I succumbed to when purchasing this wasn't all hype...
Use the profile provided by QIDI. It works fine and in my opinion probably better than a "default" added by S3D.

Return to “Feature Requests”