Simplify3D
Site Admin

Re: Windows 8 anybody?

I would start with some very small basic models and see if you can get those to render, slice, and preview properly. Something like a standard 40mm cube. Then start working your way up to more complex models. If the simple models work fine, but the larger ones start to cause issues, it gives us an idea of what might be causing the problem.

And I would absolutely suggest switching to the "Low detail" preview type (in Tools > Options) since that uses much less memory than the full 3D preview.

And try to resist the urge to always force quit Creator if you get a "Not responding" message. Many times that is just because it's in the middle of a calculation that probably only takes a fraction of a second on a normal computer, but might take a few seconds to complete on a really low-end machine.
Earsmith

It seems that the model size was the issue. When I scaled to use almost the entire volume work area that's where problems arose. Clayton had warned that high poly or large volume would be an issue on my system. Although that T script error is still out there. Could be lack of resources. Will continue to post if issues arise. Will also post at what volume becomes a problem for my system.
Earsmith

Simplify3D wrote:
Try to resist the urge to always force quit Creator if you get a "Not responding" message. Many times that is just because it's in the middle of a calculation that probably only takes a fraction of a second on a normal computer, but might take a few seconds to complete on a really low-end machine.
Thought windows didnt give the option to close or not, had left it alone several times but nothing happened. I blame the system I'm using, not the software. Hope people will consider their computer too before getting into this. I dont regret it in the least. Bought a new Dell. They recently retooled their notebook line.

Inspiron 15 Notebook 3521

i3-3227U processor (3M Cache, 1.9 GHz)
This CPU is compared in speed to the i5-2467M. because of the turbo modes which is not in the i3-3217U.
Intel 4000 HD graphics.
4GB Single Channel DDR3 1600MHz
2 USB 3.0 ports
etc..............................

$383.99

Still see the old i3-3217U being sold, Costco has it for $499.00
Earsmith

New system has no issues.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”