wsobel

Re: More Speed Options

+1 – One of the most frustrating areas is having to change all the speed settings because one needs to change the top-level speed. You then need to compute all the percentages. Also, composite speeds, like the first layer, are often too slow because the speed, when multiplied by the outline percentage become ridiculously slow.
TheBum

It would be nice to have an option to reduce the speed when going around corners. When running PETG, all my straight and moderately curved surfaces come out really clean, but corners with small radii are a little rough. If such a feature exists, I haven't found it yet.
mixdup

+1 for more speed options.

Another suggestion:

Separate options to slow down printing and non-printing movements for tall models, especially narrow prints that can shake loose or wobble due to abrupt direction changes on the base. Defining what axis to slow would be awesome (eg Y axis primarily). A variable to slow printing above xxx mm height would be awesome.
I know this could be done with multiple processes but easier if a global process setting.
Cheers.
Trialon

I support these proposals. And I would like to add one more. I have great problems with frequent retractions on a bowden extruder. I want to ask you to divide the retraction speed setting into two parts. The speed of filament retraction and the speed of return of the filament.
The retraction speed of the filament must be large so that the plastic does not protrude. The speed of return of the filament should be much smaller, so that the plastic can still soften. If the speed is too high, then there is a blow in the extruder and omissions in the print. I now manually correct the received G-code, but it would be nice to have such a setting in the program itself.
The extruder is of the E3D V6 Lite type and the PETG plastic. I set about 40mm/s for filament retraction and 20mm/s for a return. The size of the plastic retraction is 12mm.
Forgive me for my English.
gminnick

+1
vindolin

+1
Skarfurinn

+ 1
Zoidsfan77

+1
Give us the option to set values in % or mm/s.
antbarney

+1
xpim3D

+1 on adding "Dense support Speed" (as this is critical for good adhesion)

"Small Perimeters Speed" would also make sense. Small regions - specially that start over support - get easily ruined at standard Perimeter Speed. I am guessing something under 20mm in perimeter length would be considered.

Return to “Feature Requests”