AK_Eric

So, `Extrusion Multiplier` stopped working today...

Long time S3D user. Got some new filament today, and started making calibration cubes to dial in the extrusion multiplier on the new filament. Four cubes in with no change on my wall thickness I started scratching my head.
So, I made one gcode with an EM of 1.0, and another one with an EM of 1.2 : I diff'd the two files : The gcode is the exact same.
As a test, I did another diff where I changed the filament width: This did do what I expected.

I've reached out to S3D support with this as well, and have seen a few scattered posts over the years with this happening to people. And it's definitely happened to me in the past (on different printers \ PC as well), but usually quitting & restarting S3D fixes it for me. Not this time though. EM is stuck in 'no effect mode'. Right now, I'm having to hack my `filament width` value to get enough plastic out the nozzle correctly.

I've attached a zip with the factory file, and two sample gcode's: One with EM 1.0, and one with EM 1.2: If you look at them in your diff software of choice, you'll see the same thing I did. No difference in the gcode.

Extremely perplexed. FYI, I'm printing on a Rep2X with Sailfish firmware, but that shouldn't matter too much since it's all downstream from the slice.
Attachments
cCube.zip
(10.38 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Bots:
Makerbot Replicator 2x / Sailfish on Mightyboard
Custom C-Bot / RepRap Firmware on RADDS
Custom Tevo Little Monster / RepRap Firmware on Duet
AK_Eric

Re: So, `Extrusion Multiplier` stopped working today...

Support got back with me. Entirely user error.

My Replicator2x is a dual head machine, although I rarely ever use the left extruder, I always print out of the right. When you open the FFF Settings menu, the left (non-printing) extruder is selected by default, and that's the one I've been changing (to obvious no effect).

#facepalm
Bots:
Makerbot Replicator 2x / Sailfish on Mightyboard
Custom C-Bot / RepRap Firmware on RADDS
Custom Tevo Little Monster / RepRap Firmware on Duet

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”