4x4

Re: Intamsys Funmat HT users

Has anyone got the heated chamber to work with the Funmat HT with Simplify?
mr.sneezy

4x4 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:01 am Has anyone got the heated chamber to work with the Funmat HT with Simplify?
Not with S3D.
I can get it to work in Slicer, but not to preheat before printing, only sets chamber heating after the bed gets to it's set point. To warm the whole cabinet I still manually start chamber heating 20 minutes before starting a print.
If I don't pre heat then the first layer clearance off of the bed is too high.
mr.sneezy

For info.
I'm mainly now using poly carbonate filament (PC) with this printer now and getting quite good results.
I've tweaked settings quite a lot to get good strength and still have good detail on small features.
I found the biggest improvement was to run the extruder fan full time, at 50%. I thought that would negatively effect layer bond strength, but it does not seem to in this printer with it's heated chamber. I've been using 65C on the chamber heating fro PC.
For features requiring 'bridging' I've had the fan at 90% and slowed the print speed down to about 20mm/S to get good strand reliability.
However I'm still finding that Slicer does better bridging than S3D (I compare both regularly).

I'm having some issues on a few prints with a glob of PC falling into the print from the face of the nozzle. PC seems to accumulate there from the small strings left from retraction moves, I didn't notice this with ABS. Other than that, PC has been great material for us, the jump in strength from ABS is around double.
4x4

I got the chamber to work with a script now
If I run directly from simplify I cannot manually change parameters only if I upload to the SD card?

Regards
kabali16

mr.sneezy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:41 pm For info.
I'm mainly now using poly carbonate filament (PC) with this printer now and getting quite good results.
I've tweaked settings quite a lot to get good strength and still have good detail on small features.
I found the biggest improvement was to run the extruder fan full time, at 50%. I thought that would negatively effect layer bond strength, but it does not seem to in this printer with it's heated chamber. I've been using 65C on the chamber heating fro PC.
For features requiring 'bridging' I've had the fan at 90% and slowed the print speed down to about 20mm/S to get good strand reliability.
However I'm still finding that Slicer does better bridging than S3D (I compare both regularly).
Can you share the S3D and Slicer profiles ?
Kabali daww!!
Prusa i3 | Kossel
Simplify3D | Cura | Repetier Host | Octoprint
mr.sneezy

[/quote]

Can you share the S3D and Slicer profiles ?
[/quote]

No, I'm not able to access the printer as I'm far away from it now for quite some time.
The basics are what's going to make a big difference though...
Post your profile if you want and I'll see if anything looks way different from what I recall.
mr.sneezy

4x4 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:13 am I got the chamber to work with a script now
If I run directly from simplify I cannot manually change parameters only if I upload to the SD card?

Regards
Does that wait for the printer chamber to come up to the chamber temp set point, or just set the temp and go straight to heating the bed without waiting ?
4x4

No at this stage it goes straight to print when the extruder and Bed are heated. I Need to change the script
just time poor at the moment. What I read we should be able to use T5 as the setting for the chamber . My first script
did not work for this setting but I will have another try soon.

Cheers
robertsd

I'm getting great prints in ULTEM 1010, but the printer just stops at random points in every print and will not resume. Have any of you had problems with this?
christma

Hello all,

I´m new at this forum. I just got a Funmat HT and try to print ULTEM 1010 and after that i will print PEEK.

If you have profiles for those please share.

@rvega805 can you share your ULTEM1010 profile with me?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”