bratan

Print part size varies in different parts of the bed

Been scratching my head on this one. I scale part with trial and error and it prints to perfect dimensions in the middle of the bed. But when I duplicate it, those duplicates will vary in sizes (even tho they scaled the same). What could cause this? My printer is Makergear m2, filament Armadillo...
airscapes

Re: Print part size varies in different parts of the bed

how much different? Same as if they were not scaled? I can not say I have ever done this, but sounds odd.
I would scale the part and note the scaling sizes, print the part and make sure it is correct. Then remove the model from s3d, import it, duplicate it and scale them all at the same time. Then move them around where you want them.
Oh and another thing that could be happening is, and I can not remember the keys as I do this accidentally.. I think it is control wheel.. it will scale the part. I do this sometimes by accident when moving stuff around.. If this happens control-z is your friend. Don't have S3d on the computer I am currently using or I would verify the key/mouse combo that does this..
bratan

Re: Print part size varies in different parts of the bed

They all vary in size. For example I print 4 large tubes in 4 corners of the bed. Each one is slightly different diameter, some as much as 0.5mm
I'll try printing them one by one in each corner and compare...

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”