but i would love to see solid infill for specific layers
such as i want layer 100, 300, 550 to solid infill

because it is useful when printing parts that contains some small area
that need to be print on top of standard infill layer
Attachments
2015-05-30_23-06-21.png
DarthRevan

Re: Solid infill for specific layers

This can be accomplished quite easily with the software as is. If you print a single model with multiple processes and section off the areas vertically as demonstrated in this tutorial, each process will have the designated top and bottom SOLID layers.

This of course goes off of actual height in mm instead of start process X at layer Y. So keep that in mind when venturing into the unknown.
dlangdon

DarthRevan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:15 pm This can be accomplished quite easily with the software as is. If you print a single model with multiple processes and section off the areas vertically as demonstrated in this tutorial, each process will have the designated top and bottom SOLID layers.

This, of course, goes off of actual height in mm instead of start process X at layer Y. So keep that in mind when venturing into the unknown.
My models are not acting like this. I can go through and create a separate process but I am getting the top and bottom solid layers relative to the model when I try to export all processes as one single g-code file not relative to each process
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
S3D-Jake

dlangdon wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:34 pm
DarthRevan wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:15 pm This can be accomplished quite easily with the software as is. If you print a single model with multiple processes and section off the areas vertically as demonstrated in this tutorial, each process will have the designated top and bottom SOLID layers.

This, of course, goes off of actual height in mm instead of start process X at layer Y. So keep that in mind when venturing into the unknown.
My models are not acting like this. I can go through and create a separate process but I am getting the top and bottom solid layers relative to the model when I try to export all processes as one single g-code file not relative to each process
As of version 4.0.0 this no longer functions as DarthRevan had implied. Between processes you will not see top and bottom solid layers inserted between the processes. You can still create a situation where this happens though.

Variable settings wizard can be used to setup the processes (You'll need a process for the area where you want solid layers). Then use solid diaphragm every X layers to insert solid layer(s) every layer of that transition process.

Take the popular model from thingiverse "three wise skulls" and say we wanted to insert solid layers between each skull for more stability where it gets thinner. We'd need to identify the top and bottom of the transitional area where these solid processes would be placed. I've chosen 48.97 : 49.97 and 86.97 : 87.97.
ThreeWiseSkulls_SplitProcesses.png
The results of these setpoints will render a setup with 5 processes 1-1 : 1-5 processes 1-2 and 1-4 should then be set with the infill setting Solid infill every X layers enabled and set to every 1 layers. These processes will then be entirely filled solid for those layers creating a filled transition rather than a "seamless" one.
ThreeWiseSkulls_SolidFilled.png
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
dlangdon

S3D-Jake wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:58 pm
dlangdon wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:34 pm

As of version 4.0.0 this no longer functions as DarthRevan had implied. Between processes you will not see top and bottom solid layers inserted between the processes. You can still create a situation where this happens though.

Variable settings wizard can be used to setup the processes (You'll need a process for the area where you want solid layers). Then use solid diaphragm every X layers to insert solid layer(s) every layer of that transition process.

Take the popular model from thingiverse "three wise skulls" and say we wanted to insert solid layers between each skull for more stability where it gets thinner. We'd need to identify the top and bottom of the transitional area where these solid processes would be placed. I've chosen 48.97 : 49.97 and 86.97 : 87.97.

ThreeWiseSkulls_SplitProcesses.png

The results of these setpoints will render a setup with 5 processes 1-1 : 1-5 processes 1-2 and 1-4 should then be set with the infill setting Solid infill every X layers enabled and set to every 1 layers. These processes will then be entirely filled solid for those layers creating a filled transition rather than a "seamless" one.

ThreeWiseSkulls_SolidFilled.png
Thanks very much for the reply. I ended up doing it this way. It would be nice to have the ability to insert solid diaphragm at specific layers in addition to being able to insert them every so many layers or have the option to print top and bottom layers on a process with a simple check box to do so.

Thanks
Dan
S3D-Jake

That specific feature request already exists on this forum : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3860

I'm glad you were able to find and utilize the workaround in the meantime.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”