SusiT140V

Ooze-Shield bug still there

People put a brim around an object to help hold it to the bed. Yes?

So why, when using an ooze-shield, do you still insist on moving the brim to the the shield and removing the benefit of using a brim on the object in the first place?

If I wanted a skirt, I'd have put one in.

Please fix this.

Thank you.
Susi
Aha

Re: Ooze-Shield bug still there

I'd like to add to this a separate, semi counter, semi similar thought: Please allow an option for brim on the prime tower! 3d printing nerd just spoke about this, and I keep having the same problem - if I use a prime tower, it's likely to fail because there's just so much fill there. Cura uses a hole in the center of their tower (not a bad idea), but it's easy to knock it off.

So, let's switch the behavior here! No brim to the ooze shield, move it to the part (and maybe let us overlap the shield if we need for adhesion), but maybe let us have some brim on the prime tower?
SusiT140V

Thanks Aha,
I'd forgotten "Nerd's" complaint about purge/prime towers not having brims.
Good catch. :)
andrewk72

You can already add a brim to the prime pillar. Just enable the skirt and the prime pillar and it happens automatically.
S3D-Alex

As mentioned above the skirt will apply to the Additions such as the Prime Pillar and Ooze Shield. This is to ensure good adhesion if necessary for these parts with small footprints. If the model you are attempting to print also has a small footprint I would suggest using a Raft as this will help the part and ooze shield adhere to the build plate. In the case of the Prime Pillar you could use either a Skirt or Raft. That all being said I can definitely see how this could be a useful feature and I will make sure it is considered in future releases.
SusiT140V

Thank you for looking at this.

Having a brim attached to large monolithic nylon/PC/ABS parts is essential when printing on open-volume printers and using an ooze-shield to keep the heat in.
Regards,
Susi.
paynterf

I just ran across this 'feature' myself tonight while trying to do a long, complicated print. Come on guys, it is stupid to have the settings for one thing (the ooze shield) change the settings for something else (brim around the actual part). What were you thinking?

Frank

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”