GZijlstra

Information on new 4.1 features?

Hello.

I installed the new v4.1 version and for the life of me cannot see any difference in the options compared to v4.0.1.
Looking at the what's new page i assume most of the new features etc. are under the skin, in the processing.

I was however interested in the 'Customized Part Additions' but cannot figure out how this should be done, i see no difference when importing a model etc.

Any information would be welcome.

Thanks,
Guido
SweHogelid

Re: Information on new 4.1 features?

That makes two of us...
arhi

GZijlstra wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:15 am I installed the new v4.1 version and for the life of me cannot see any difference in the options compared to v4.0.1.
I don't remember there are some UI bugs in 4.0.1 ?! so it's expected that most of the bug fixes are in the way things are processed ... I didn't see that they ( here: https://www.simplify3d.com/software/rel ... ion-4-1-0/ ) mentioned any new "features", it's just enhancement of the existing ones so I don't expect UI to change.. (now how good the changes are I can't say just installed the 4.1 haven't sliced anything with it yet)
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
andrewk72

GZijlstra wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:15 am I was however interested in the 'Customized Part Additions' but cannot figure out how this should be done, i see no difference when importing a model etc.
You just import 2 models, and then create a separate process for each model. Then you can define different additions (rafts, skirts, etc) for each model.

In v4.0.1, it always seemed to use the same raft/skirt settings for nearby parts, but 4.1 seems to give more freedom to change it.

Just be aware that if the raft/skirt of part 1 intersects with part 2, then the raft/skirt from those 2 models will be combined to avoid a collision. So you might want to reduce the raft/skirt offset if you want to pack the parts very closely together.
GZijlstra

That is the part i cannot figure out: 'and then create a separate process for each model'.

I tried selecting a model, creating process etc etc etc but no joy.

How do i assign a process to a specific model?

Tnx,
Guido
S3D-Alex

Andrewk72 is correct about the usage of the new additions. In order to make sure each model is assigned to a different process you will want to click Select Models in the bottom left of the Process Settings window.
GZijlstra

Aha, cool, thanks very much.
Did not expect a button there (next to 'hide advanced'), was expecting an option section.

Brilliant, thanks.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”