timothyz

Beta Test Feature

To improve the quality of testing for each update, I'm surprised you don't offer a beta test program.

This would allow users like me, who hate waiting for updates to improve the testing quality of your program.

Just an idea, many software companies release betas to their community, and this community is rife with many who will gladly test your software and report back on bugs.
S3D-Jake

Re: Beta Test Feature

I'm glad you and other potentially are interested in helping test the software. We're almost always looking for more awesome candidates to round out our already wonderful team!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
dkightley

I don't think the question was about jobs in Cincinnati!!!

It was a serious question about Simplify3D using users within the community to act as test users for new features and upgrades.

I'm sure there's several very experienced users out in the wide world who would be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement in return for access to new features, etc in advance to run user tests on the software to identify any issues that may have arisen.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
blackbird2016

+1
SusiT140V

Doug nailed it - that was a really non-relevant reply from Jake.

Didn't read, or a get lost..?

Whatever reason, IMHO, an in-house test facility can never obtain a full picture of how a program will work in the wild.
"No plan survives contact with the enemy" (Attr: Helmuth von Moltke the Elder), and this goes double for software releases... :D
S3D-Jake

We're not looking for outside beta testers at this time. If that changes, the page I linked is likely where such a position would be posted. Or we'd possibly even reach out to users on an individual basis. I'm sorry if this was unclear before. I don't disagree with your point that it could be very beneficial for our team. Thanks again for your feedback, everyone!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
SusiT140V

Nice reply dude, that clears it up.

Thanks,
Susi.

Return to “Feature Requests”