Chuckphd53

Saving Profiles .FFF

One item, that I would like to see changed is the ability to save the profiles in a batch mode..
saving ONE at a time is sooooo 80's

I have at lease a couple dozen profiles, as I am sure most folks using their printers in a manufacturing arena do !
And working with the .FFF files should be a batch process, allow ALL of the profiles to be saved !

If someone has a method that is better than the drop down menu's please share..
S3D-Jake

Re: Saving Profiles .FFF

Thanks for the feedback! I've documented your request for an update to the saving functionality with our development team and will monitor this thread for other users' interest.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
mntbighker

Re: Saving Profiles .FFF

Chuckphd53 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:33 am One item, that I would like to see changed is the ability to save the profiles in a batch mode..
saving ONE at a time is sooooo 80's

I have at lease a couple dozen profiles, as I am sure most folks using their printers in a manufacturing arena do !
And working with the .FFF files should be a batch process, allow ALL of the profiles to be saved !

If someone has a method that is better than the drop down menu's please share..
I'll say. I only have half a dozen and every time I need a global change it's a chore to propagate. I just got a second printer, and I can't imagine how much time you guys must waste. I think maybe they may need to switch from files to a database? With the ability to export a bundle or JSON file for the whole caboodle.
Scratch built CoreXY with Duet Maestro
Heavily modified Ender 3 with Duet Maestro
MPCNC work in progress with Duet WiFi

Return to “Feature Requests”