ralfsteeeb

Re: Feature Request: Provide support for 3D Mouse

Support for 3D mouse would make it so much easier.
And take a look at ideaMaker if you want to see a user friendly solution für rotating parts in the workspace!
SweHogelid

This request has at the moment 160 Replies and 34954 views and was added the 1st of March 2014.

So whats going on? This feature would be so incredibly valuable to all of us that has one.
NitroXpress

Version 4.1 and still no Spacemouse support.
Horrible...
cairn

=1 for space navigator
NitroXpress

+1
JollyJohn

+1 Still waiting...

I keep switching from CAD to S3D and reaching for the 3D mouse - but it doesn't work. Is it really that hard to implement?
mystixa

s3d support is even worse than I expected when I first got mine. Most large 3d companies are lax, but this is silly. 4 years now and no implementation of a common piece of hardware that has an available API and 17 pages of +1s.

You may not like my implementation, but I do have a spacemouse working with s3d. I posted my solution last year on their forums:
https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35578

It involves installing an older version of the 3dconnextion driver. That version has a gui ability to map 2d mouse commands into an application. As such it essentially acts as though you were using the keyboard mouse combinations that s3d currently uses. You do have to move your mouse occasionally to keep the cursor on the screen, but other than that it works as you would expect it.

Better than nothing. ..and as yet its more of a solution than 3dconnexion or s3d has offered.
kurtnelle

+1 I think I plus oned this already; but one more time can't hurt?

Btw. I would pay an additional $50 usd more if it had this feature.

EDIT: Actually yes. I think Simplify3D should get a pateron account. Ask for supporters; and if there are enough +1 on the pateron side, then they implement it. I know this is starting to sound like a sunk cost fallacy but I would like to know what happens if people just throw money at Simplify.

Return to “Feature Requests”