npowell93
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Dual extrusion keeps clogging...advice?

Hi!
My names Nick. Just looking for some advice here, I'm having trouble with some of my prints.
I have a Qidi Xpro (dual extrusion), the only upgrades are micro swiss hotends in each extruder.
Everytime I print a dual extruded part, one of the nozzles clog up. It never happens on the first switch. It only happens when switching back to an extruder after it has been used.

So if I was to print 10 layers in black, print 2 in yellow, it would clog when starting to print black after the yellow. Or it might somehow successfully print black for a couple layers and then clog when switching back to yellow.

The stock tool change retraction distance is 12.0mm, I tried 14.0mm (still clogged) and 10.0mm (still clogged).

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Nick
B-H-S
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Re: Dual extrusion keeps clogging...advice?

I'm no expert but what's the temp of the second material while its waiting to be used, is it baking (stand by temp to heigh)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”