gagagu

Problems with Prusa I3 MK3

Hi all,
i have some Trouble printing with Simplify3D and in don't know how to fix it because I'm new in 3d printing. I am working since some days to fix ist but i have no luck with it. The Printer calibration is completed and looking all Right ( i think). The print start is Looking good but after time it's going worse.

Because Images saying more than words i've uploaded some Images of the printing result, the 1 st. Level calibration and Simplify3d Settings in hope that someone could tell me what i've doing wrong.

I've tested out some different configuration files (also original configuration for Prusa I3 MK3 from Simplify3D) but i got Always nearly the same results.

https://imgur.com/a/j9ZfqxX

Thx foward
Nismo370z

Re: Problems with Prusa I3 MK3

Do you have the same problem(s) if you try printing in Cura?

Usually if i have problem with one software i try the other to make sure it's not software specific.
GLMiller

Re: Problems with Prusa I3 MK3

Your first layer calibration should have the zig-zag pattern sticking fairly well to the print surface. This can be tested by lightly scratching with your fingernail. If it breaks loose then the nozzle is too high. Another test is to print a small cube (20x20x5). After printing, remove the cube and check for "elephant foot". Elephant foot is when the first layer is a little wider than the rest of the cube, making a small lip that sticks out. If there is no elephant foot, lower the nozzle and reprint. Once elephant foot shows up, start raising your nozzle again until the elephant foot goes away. At that point, you should have a very nice first layer. This can be a little time consuming, but will let you know where your first layer should be. Looking at the pictures, I'd say that you have your nozzle a little too high. Once you get the nozzle height figured out, it should hold the setting fairly well. If it doesn't, like my MK3 did, call Prusa Support. They had me run some tests and my PINDA sensor was proven bad. I was sent a replacement and it was a miracle cure.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”