TomOH

Where can I download the older (functioning...) version?

With 4.1 being as buggy as it is, I would rather go back to the working 4.0.1 version - can you make this download available please? Or alternatively, post a list of bugs and when the release with the fixes will be provided? The 4.1 version causes so many issues that it is pretty much unusable and wasting a lot of filament due to functions that worked fine in 4.0.1 that got killed in 4.1.

Suggestion for future releases - get a few beta testers before releasing junk like this into the wild....
dkightley

Re: Where can I download the older (functioning...) version?

Totally agree with the sentiment here!!!!

This release does have a lot of issues that could....and would....have been picked up by a programme of user beta testing. The changes obviously have all been tested and proven to work......but the impact of those changes on the existing functionality appears to have been totally neglected, which is plainly in evidence by the amount of reported "broken" functionality!!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
szeker

I'm also interested how can I go back to an older version, like 4.0.1.
(I purchased the SW when 4.1 was already out and I couldn't find a way to download any previous version.)

Besides my own findings, I see too many issues and concerns popping up in the forum regarding the 4.1 release.

I see that S3D is playing a very risky game by neglecting the voice of their customers.
Those few advantages, which were justifying in the past to pay for a SW will gone very quickly as free slicers are evolving very fast, implementing new and unique features continouosly - as they are listening to their usres/community.

KPIs and the reputation of S3D could remain high if EXISTING customers are satisfied and giving good feedbacks.
That's what most people consider today before deciding.

Strange...
wirlybird

Careful how you ask! I asked the same question last week and my post was promptly deleted. I would be good to be able to download older versions on an "at your own risk" use.

I run 3, 4.0 and 4.0.1 due to feature changes. Makes a nice setup to have a few options.
dkightley

I've never uninstalled a release of S3D yet. Consequently, I have every release from v3.0.1 available to run at will.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
mntbighker

wirlybird wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:32 am Careful how you ask! I asked the same question last week and my post was promptly deleted. I would be good to be able to download older versions on an "at your own risk" use.

I run 3, 4.0 and 4.0.1 due to feature changes. Makes a nice setup to have a few options.
I'm quite annoyed that posts are getting deleted. I'm sure they violated the "rules of behavior" in some way. If I thought it was to keep things civil I wouldn't mind. But deleting them to keep newcomers from seeing what a terrible abomination 4.1 is, well that is another matter entirely. They are on a slippery road to doom if they keep this up.
Scratch built CoreXY with Duet Maestro
Heavily modified Ender 3 with Duet Maestro
MPCNC work in progress with Duet WiFi
SusiT140V

dkightley wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:54 am I've never uninstalled a release of S3D yet. Consequently, I have every release from v3.0.1 available to run at will.
Pretty much the same. Have gone back to v4.0.1 after find a really cool bug where if I rotated a part 90 degrees in Z and centred the object, it would invert and flip onto the underside of the bed.

v4.0.1 was 'quirky' but sound if you avoided those quirks.
I am finding that my personal risk exposure to print failures when slicing large complex objects with v4.1.0 are too high to face anymore. I've had surfaces go missing, bridging not working at all when extended to perimeters, and something I've never had before - infill poking through the perimeters.
These are often not spotted until halfway into something like a 40 hour print...

For giggles on 4.0.1, you could make supports project through the outside of curved objects with supports inside if you upped the support Extra Inflation Distance to something silly, but missing perimeters and poke-through - never.

I feel sorry for those who do not have access to v4.0.1.

I am also pretty certain that it will not be relisted as that would be an admission that the all is not well in the land of Simplify3D development.

Fingers-crossed for v4.1.1.

Going to stick with the devil I know for the time being though. ;)
rv_el

I am definitely interested in this. I'd like to get the version I used years ago that worked great. I think i've been unable to use Simplify3d since 4.0
cybrsage

mntbighker wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:55 pm
wirlybird wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:32 am Careful how you ask! I asked the same question last week and my post was promptly deleted. I would be good to be able to download older versions on an "at your own risk" use.

I'm quite annoyed that posts are getting deleted. I'm sure they violated the "rules of behavior" in some way. If I thought it was to keep things civil I wouldn't mind. But deleting them to keep newcomers from seeing what a terrible abomination 4.1 is, well that is another matter entirely. They are on a slippery road to doom if they keep this up.
Yep, I have had a thread cease to exist as well.
montaelkins

I would like to revert from 4.1.1 which crashes a few seconds after loading everytime to 4.0.1

My previously installed version is 4.0.0

Where can I find the appropriate download files.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”