d4m

Re: Multi Material Printing - use color purge as infill

+1 I can guarantee that for the biggest majority of multi material/colour users this is a must have, it would save so much material that could be just used in place of the normal infill, if its a case of another company having a patent on this, could you not create a system that doesn't do a standard infill but a solid infilled near the middle of the print therefore reducing the waste material by a huge factor and not having any separate towers.
cybrsage

Make sure it can be toggled on and off. It is a great feature that already exists in the Prusa edition of Slic3r.

The reason we need it to be able to be turned on and off is if we are printing something translucent or clear portions, we do not want black infill in that area.
S3D-Jake

Thanks for the new feedback, everyone. Since the last time I popped in this thread the number of requests has doubled! This is amazing interest. I'll be noting this for our developers.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
dorbar

@S3D-jake

How many users do you need to "sign-in", to consider it for the next iteration?

so... +100
;)

Cheers,
D.
Last edited by S3D-Jake on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed my name ;)
S3D-Jake

dorbar wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:50 pm @S3D-jake

How many users do you need to "sign-in", to consider it for the next iteration?

so... +100
;)

Cheers,
D.
Thanks for your added interest. There is not a minimum threshold we're using to automatically say "This feature needs added!". Our development team is monitoring several topics of interest for possible inclusion in a future release of the Simplify3D Software.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
TheBum

I'll add my vote. I have an M3D Promega with a compound extruder (two filament feeds, one nozzle) and I have an M3D Crane Quad on the way that will allow CMY{K|W|T} mixing. Both would greatly benefit from the ability to use infill for color purging. It wouldn't eliminate the need for a priming tower in some cases, but it would reduce the amount of filament wasted on one.
Ayres3D

+1

I'd go slightly further to say that it is so fundamental an option as to not really need much justification.
FastMaster

Thanks this useful infomation.
Ohm

+1 for myself as well.

Return to “Feature Requests”