Ohm

[FIXED] Tuning speeds

I have a delta (bowden) printer and am trying to tune my speeds to print as fast as possible without sacrificing any quality. I currently have the following settings under the speed tab:
Default speed: 4500
Outline Underspeed 60%
Solid Infill Underspeed: 70%
Support Structure Underspeed: 80%
X/Y Axis Movement Speed: 4500
Z Axis Movement Speed: 1200
Adjust sprinting speed for layers below: 6.0 sec
Allow speed reductions down to 10%

With those settings, everything is perfect *except* the areas where it has to move from one spot to another without printing. My assumption is that it's the "X/Y Axis Movement Speed" that would need lowered - but if that was true, that would say that my Default Printing Speed is also a bit on the high side - only the printed areas come out perfect.

Suggestions? Do I lower both, but then raise the percentages accordingly? Do I just change the X/Y speed and leave the rest alone?
Ohm

Re: Tuning speeds

After playing with the settings, I found the problem is not my X/Y movement speeds at all, but rather the Wipe feature. Upon disabling wipe, retraction worked perfectly. With wipe enabled though, I get oozing towards the end of the movement when the head moves from one spot to another. Does wipe automatically disable or alter retraction settings in some way, or do I have some other related setting wrong?
Raise3D Pro Plus 2

Version 4.1?
Ohm

Yes, 4.1.
Raise3D Pro Plus 2

Bug. The will fixed it soon.
AndersE

wipe is broken and has been for a while.
S3D-Jake

Ohm wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:59 pmYes, 4.1.
Can you post your factory file? We've recently released version 4.1.1 and I'd like to check if this was actually caused by an issue with 4.1 and if it was, check to make sure it's fixed in the latest version.

Thanks!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Ohm

Both the factory file and the test object I used are attached.

Thanks!
Attachments
Retraction_Test.stl
(31.53 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Color Change.fff
(12.58 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
S3D-Jake

Thanks for your model and profile. The profile looks to have wipe turned off in the extruder tab. This would mean that the issue we fixed with 4.1.1 would not have been happening in 4.1. If the profile had been using wipe and wipe during retraction, there was an issue when since has been fixed in version 4.1.1.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Ohm

I did turn off wipe in my profile after determining that wipe was the issue, and have since upgraded to 4.1.1 and re-enabled wipe without issue. Things look much better now. Thanks!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”